Please read this carefully.
Definitions and interpretations
DATA: Collectively all the information that you submit to Kepler Communications via the Website www.kepler.space. This Definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EV (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementation laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Kepler Communications Inc.: We or us
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i)employed by Kepler Communications and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, www.kepler.space same as www.keplercommunications.com , and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Kepler Communications is the “data controller”. This means that Kepler Communications determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
How we collect Data
- We collect Data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you; and
- Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
- Kepler Communications will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- Kepler Communications will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you interact with its content.
Keeping Data secure
- We will use technical and organizational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- We store your Data on secure servers.
- Technical and organizational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- To make inquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
- If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at http://ico.org.uk/
- It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Link to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Canada. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Canadian courts.
You may contact Kepler Communications by email at firstname.lastname@example.org